I mean, why should they stay?
Church isn’t FUN any more after that point.
Church isn’t designed to entertain any more.
It’s time for grown up church.
No more pizza parties or iPod giveaways.
This is the sort of church environment we’ve created.
Most kids are only in the church for entertainment, socialization, and free food. That’s it. They keep coming back because they know that’s what they’ll get. Those are the kind of people that these shallow, cheap gimmicks draw in. Then, after the draw has worn out, they’re gone. It’s that simple.
A media driven church is only going to bring in media driven kids, and they go no further after that.
I’m not sure how to make it any more clear that THAT particular model DOES NOT WORK. It just doesn’t. Relying on anything other than the love of God to draw people in is not going to work. Don’t be enchanted or fooled by it. Seriously.
Amen, and amen.
Yet, what does that say about someone like me, who doesn’t necessarily go to church out of what might be called a “sense of worship,” but for the community, the music opportunities, etc.?
- deeperdream reblogged this from matthewclan and added:
- matthewclan likes this
- p3t3rk3y5 likes this
- matthewclan reblogged this from asfierceaslions and added:
- paandesoul reblogged this from sailor-ramiel
- paandesoul likes this
- youhungthestars likes this
- ourhandsuphigh likes this
- goodbyemyshadow likes this
- brandon130 reblogged this from im-still-gabby and added:
- brandon130 likes this
- minkmarble likes this
- thepersonibecame likes this
- im-still-gabby reblogged this from asfierceaslions
- favourandgrace likes this
- athousandhalfloves likes this
- iammeanttolive likes this
- jaegerbomb likes this
- mahfew likes this
- indescribablejess said: I LOVE the way you think! You said it perfectly!
- bearyourcross reblogged this from asfierceaslions
- bearyourcross likes this
- aleighasmom reblogged this from asfierceaslions
- weepycreep likes this
- carriejoanna likes this
- sailor-ramiel reblogged this from asfierceaslions and added:
- classicsalvation reblogged this from asfierceaslions and added:
- classicsalvation likes this
- sailor-ramiel likes this
- jenniebelle likes this
- laetatus-sum likes this
- blindeyeswillsee reblogged this from asfierceaslions
- blindeyeswillsee likes this
- weepycreep said: I don’t necessarily think that’s a bad way of grabbing kids’ attention, but you damn well better have more than that waiting for them once they show up.
- asfierceaslions posted this